Braces

 Walking with braces is a daily experience. Sometimes it’s painful. Sometimes it’s a nuisance, but it’s always necessary. I wore them as a wee one, and for a few years now I’ve returned. My pride took some blows. My pride is nothing compared to weak ankles. Without these implements, I fell constantly. I learned how to fall correctly. My doctors gave me a stern warning. I was to do everything not to fall. I turned ankles as much as I love candy. These braces are my access to the world.  This is priceless. I had to understand that I won’t wear anything but these braces and sneakers, but that’s okay. I had to learn that it’s not a badge of honor to be black and blue. So if you meet me, you will see me sporting men’s Nike’s and white AFO’s. 

Have a blessed day. 



from R's rue https://ift.tt/HOSL42I

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق