Green

A number of years ago I had to select a new template for this humble Yorkshire blog. I was drawn to a green format - the colour of nature and environmental campaigning. Though I have only ever voted for The Labour Party (red), it pleases me that green pressure groups have gained more traction over the years - not just on this island but around the world.

In the chart above, there are twenty greens each with their own names though some greens are very similar. If I went for a walk in woodland or across meadows and then by a river, I might observe all of these greens...

GREEN

Deep in an army green forest
The undergrowth had an asparagus hue
Turning to emerald in shafts of sunlight
Or fern and forest green by my leafy path.
Up ahead, a clearing appeared harlequin
Against hunter green shadows.

Departing from those verdant woods, jade
Turned to kelly green then lime
And mint as sunlit meadows came into view
Reaching to a moss coloured river
That oozed between olive banks
And over  pine green river weed
Dancing in shamrock shallows.

All along that sea green way I rambled -
Spring green grasses swaying 
Against teal coloured hillocks rolling
Under an almost turquoise sky -
Leaving the viridian forest far behind.

I was just playing around with those colour chart names. It was merely a poetic exercise to see what happened. Sage, khaki and bottle-green are examples of green words that were not included in the chart.


from Yorkshire Pudding https://ift.tt/bcQAqy5

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق