1972

In August of 1972, I boarded an aeroplane for the very first time. I was bound for the Fiji Islands via New York City, Los Angeles and Honolulu. It was the start of a year away from home - teaching under the auspices of Voluntary Service Overseas on what is probably the remotest of all the Fiji Islands - Rotuma.

So my recollections of the year's singles relate mostly to the first eight months of that year though I must say that over the weekends on Rotuma,  I often listened  to an hour or two of Radio Fiji which included music programmes. I was not entirely cut off.

As I previously did for 1969, 1970 and 1971, here are three of my favourite singles from 1972:-

Don McLean - "Vincent":-


Derek and the Dominoes - "Layla":-


Roberta Flack - "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face":-



from Yorkshire Pudding https://ift.tt/XrZlgoB

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق