Butterfly

Walking back from "The Hammer and Pincers" at 10.45, I was glad that we had won the quiz once more. The blue of that hot summer's day sky was melting into sunset's lingering rosiness as velvet blackness crept in from the east.

I thought of yesterday and how a painted lady butterfly fluttered into Simon's cottage. I tried to shoo it out but it would not go. It settled  on one of the ceiling beams. Upstairs another painted lady had fluttered through the open bedroom window. Shirley watched it and tried to shoo it out but it would not go.

In spite of myself, I sometimes think that butterflies and birds may provide some sort of mysterious signalling at vital points in people's lives. It's probably a load of poppycock but I swear I have witnessed their surprising appearances at key moments and have been left considering what they might suggest.

Throughout history, butterflies have been seen as symbols of many things - not only transformation and purity, but also death and sin. Do butterflies appear when angels are near?

Interestingly, the painted lady is the most common butterfly on the planet. It is found on every continent apart from South America.


from Yorkshire Pudding https://ift.tt/bO6ESRc

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق