Flowers

June is a time for flowers. Mostly, I love to see wild flowers growing randomly in hedgerows, woods or meadows. I am not really someone who habitually enthuses about garden flowers - nor shop bought cut flowers that mostly arrive in this country from commercial growers in The Netherlands.

However, at the top of this blogpost there's a photograph of a pink peony I took in the gardens of Fonthill House. Below there are two pictures of blue delphiniums that I saw in the same gardens. In the sunshine, that blue was so vivid.

In village churches you may be lucky enough to see the handiwork of unnamed and unseen amateur florists. Often this will be after or just before significant services or festivals . When I visited St Peter's Church in Swallowcliffe, Wiltshire, this corner display happened to catch my eye...


from Yorkshire Pudding https://ift.tt/yVUJAnc

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق