Bum Test and Roger The Dog

 

Yesterday the new postman left a small package through the open living room window.
“ It’s Your Bum Test !”he informed me cheerfully
He was right. It was my faecal screening test all 60 year olds receive in Wales to test for colon cancer
I’m looking at the test now, as I’m eating a banana that could in fact be a dry tampon for all the taste it’s given me. 

I’ve slept the majority of the day again today and have eaten just one packet of crisps and the said banana
I still have a headache and remain wheezy and breathless but my temperature is not as high as it was yesterday. I still feel unwell , which is irritating .

I heard from Susan, Mary’s breeder today. I have always been in touch since we bought Finlay from her back in 2002 and six welsh and Scottish terriers later we continue to correspond, albeit sporadically . 
A prickly and at times incredibly straight talking woman, I have always been touched that Susan rather likes me, but like me she does 
She trusts me with her beloved dogs, that I know.

Before lockdown I contacted Susan  regarding a new Welsh terrier, seeing that Mary is well over seven now and she was sad and apologetic. The soaring prices of puppies troubled her and at that time she had no plans to breed.
I understood her sadness, the silly prices of puppies probably sickened her 

Today , when I emailed her, I was surprised by her news.
She had the perfect puppy for me , well a choice out of two of different ages and both within my realistic budget .

And in a few weeks time , when things have settled down, a “good natured and benign”  Roger will be joining the ranks at Bwthyn y Llan 


from Going Gently https://disasterfilm.blogspot.com/2022/06/bum-test.html

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق