London

 It’s just past 2 pm and already I feel I’ve done lots.
My favourite sushi place Tobiko on Garrick Street is closed so I’ve ordered take out from Sishisamba in Covent Garden and am eating it outside my hotel before going to meet my friend Alex
As it happened my decision to come to London was sort of governed by a vague invite to attend an old friend’s celebratory memorial which took place at noon today in a knackered old church hall in South Camden. 
My friend who died back in December was an old medical colleague who got back in touch with me through Facebook three years ago. 
He was quite seriously ill, back then and our correspondence through messenger, had become quite regular, at times profound, and sometimes, oh his part, regretful.
I’m not saying anything more about this , except I was glad I attended. The celebrant, galvanised the small and very eclectic “ congregation” quite wonderfully and minutes after 1pm, I was walking past the British Museum 
Quick shower then out to the South Bank


from Going Gently https://ift.tt/3mMy1VR

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق