On Guard

 

For such a gentle dog Mary has inherited a complete and utter hatred for everyone delivering post and parcels to Bwthyn Y Llan. This is a legacy handed down over generations of Welsh Terriers. 
From Finlay to Meg, from Meg to William and from William to Mary, they all delighted in racing down the stairs barking loudly as soon as there was a click of the letter box.
It’s bright and sunny today, so I knew there would be a few hand deliveries of Christmas cards coming.
Subsequently, Mary has been up and down the stairs like a fiddler’s elbow.
Eventually I gave sleep up as a bad job which was fortunate as I found a Christmas Bara Brith on the garden wall which was wrapped carefully by Animal Helper Pat.
I sliced the bara brith thinly as it should be , and spread them liberally with salted butter.
There is nothing better with a strong cup of tea.


I watched tv until the postman arrived to Welsh Terrier hysteria. 
I am the second to last in the village to receive post, and at Christmas that’s not until three pm.
Christmas gift today too ( thank you Goldensunflower)

Once the postie left, the cottage reverted to its more peaceful state
And I’m now back off to bed.


from Going Gently https://ift.tt/31S2eeZ

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق