Covent Garden


 The West End was rammed with people. 
I walked up from Euston just in time for a late lunch of lamb chops and black daal at Dishoom in StMartins Lane,  The Covent Garden Christmas Tree was suitably festive and I sat and people watched until it was time for the theatre .


The Ocean At The End Of The Lane was an interesting choice of mine as I picked it without knowing nothing of the production.
It’s a fantasy/drama about a man who after attending his father’s funeral visits his half forgotten childhood. A childhood full of sadness, grief, loss and disappointment and of fabulous witches, monsters, life long friendship and magical powers.
It’s a surreal and rather beautiful production full of visual tricks, superb puppetry  and a clever lead performance by James Bamford who captures all of the angst, confusion and pain of a twelve year old boy  who is hiding behind his fantasy pre teen, bookish safety net. Not wanting to process  what real life actually is.
I loved it


After the theatre, I walked the streets for a while.
Down to the National Portrait Gallery, then up over through Leicester Square, Soho and  Chinatown 
I bought a box of fresh Noodles from Wok & Go and ate them as I walked with cheap chopsticks bummed from the server.
The streets were filled with couples and groups of theatre goers and drunks
But it was nice to be a part of it all
I’m a bit nervous about tomorrow 
I haven’t seen my “ nephew” for over three years 
I hope he still likes me 
He was a child when we last saw each other 
Heyho




from Going Gently https://ift.tt/3DHsGFG

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق