Looking After Oneself


 I met a couple new to the village last night. 
They were walking their dog up the lane and I was watering the sweet peas which had climbed nicely over the garden arch.
The wife said something that pleased me greatly
I always love your flowers” she said “The ones in your side window”
Ive said this before but Ive always had at least one bunch of flowers in the cottage at any one time. Ever since I bought my first home back in the 1980s flowers have always been my constant. Even when I was low on money, I would always have enough for a bunch of something bright to fill a vase or a gap on the window sill. 
Flowers make a home, homely. 
In that sense they are very much like a cat, for cats warm a house by nature of perching happily in the background. 
I’ve just heard that the ponies are returning to the field for a little while
This pleased me too, as their presence, for a few weeks, will bring a lot of happiness with it.
There is a great deal of satisfaction seeing them munching through the weeds, the Ivy and the overgrown grass.
The cottage is filled with the smell of garlic and onion
I’m making a colourful butternut squash Katsu curry


I’m coasting at work a little this week as I have a few more day shifts before my next holiday. 
I find I need a break from the hospice every two months or so….
The holiday, like a cat in the background, the ponies in the field and the flowers in the kitchen window will please and heal me 
I’m good at looking after myself 




from Going Gently https://ift.tt/3gII0IL

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق