Sisters


My sister Janet had her beloved dog Jess put down today.
We were meeting up with our elder sister Ann for dinner tonight 
That dinner carried on without her…
It was understandable she couldn’t attend.
and We missed her.
I felt better that I gave Janet some flowers yesterday, I sort of preempted today’s decision…
And as I left Ann’s today SHE gave me a bunch of sweet peas 
Too and fro 
Back and forth …
Ann and I and the family talked about songs and memory tonight
Songs that spark memories that are everlasting 
I have one such memory from decades ago
My sisters and I were driving home after a concert or a theatre visit and it was dark on the country road, 
We burst into a spontaneous version of  drink drink drink 
And as we sang the main words my sister Ann who can’t sing a note burst into an operatic “ arrrhhhh” an acomptiant  to the libretto…It was so bad that we laughed and laughed  until we cried.

Such memories make a family’s love 





from Going Gently https://ift.tt/3iq256H

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق