Dumplings

 

I forgot to photograph my dumplings 

Later in the year the village is holding a What did you do during lockdown ? show.
My entry was going to be a sweaty balloon NURSE covered in PPE but after some thought , I think I will prepare a plate of Japanese Vegetable Dumplings or Gyoza Dumplings.
Gyoza dumplings are half fried , half steamed dumplings that can be filled with a mixture of any vegetables you have to hand. I tend to use carrot, cooked onion, and cabbage, ingredients that make the filling taste sweet, but shiitake mushroom, spring onion and tofu can be added ( I don’t like tofu) add lots of garlic and ginger a bit of soy and some shredded chicken or crushed prawn if you need meat and bingo low calorie stuffing. 
The dumpling skins can be bought frozen on line, I get he happy Belly ones on line .they cost around 12 £ for three packets
Stuffing the skins is a bit fiddly at first but I learnt by watching this video 
As for cooking , it’s easy!  you pan fry them with some sesame oil 
, but you add water to the pan and cover. The water evaporates, steaming the dumpling on its sides but the bottom of the dumpling will go crispy and brown.
Today I prepared a healthier lunch by just steaming my dumplings but you run the risk of them going soggy.
They taste just as good though.


I’m having a thoughtful time today. It’s hot and I have nothing planned but choir later and I’m in two minds to go to that, seeing that choir practice is now outside. 
I find singing outside, away from the safety of being shoulder to shoulder with my fellow bases very embarrassing. I know I shouldn’t , but I do, and embarrassment is an emotion I just do not cope with very well. 
I’m weighing it up anyhow…..over coffee.

I’m listening to a podcast of an interview with Kenneth Williams 
The interviewer has just asked him if he has ever been in love.
It was a question Williams side stepped 

Then I thought…how many times have I been in love.
I’ve had a long thought about that one 

In my life ……three times……you?
 






from Going Gently https://ift.tt/3z8uzsm

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق