Gifts

 


I received two gifts today
The first is an absolutely beautiful crocheted blanket which consists of small intricate  waves of blues and greens and purples and yellows.
The second is a hastily painted piece of art in a deep blue, which features what could be swirls of clouds over a forest of blue trees.
I absolutely adore both as both were made with affection, a certain skill and a great deal of personal time.
Perfect gifts.
Thoughtful and meaningful 
The blanket was crafted by my friend Ruth over many months, and it shrieks .....class
The painting was a result of a joint paint-a-long-on-zoom with a lifelong friend Nia who lives in Australia 
A much needed , fun morning in the middle of lockdown.
Loved them.

Gifts with meaning, not just a promise of something nice ,where words mean nothing

My nephew texted me the other month and asked me what I would like for my birthday
I told him I would love an up to date photo of him and his dog which I could frame
Is that all? he asked, his Asperger’s finding some difficulty with my request 
“ It’s because I haven’t seen you for a few years “ I explained and he replied with a short “Arr ok!”
Moments later came another message
“ Are you sure you don’t want a dvd? “ he asked






from Going Gently https://ift.tt/3flV0nl

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق