Springtime
We were heading back to the same region I visited on Monday but a mile east of the grouse shooters' cabin. There were squares for The Geograph Project that I needed to bag. Clint parked himself on Cow Low Lane close to Cow Low Farm and immediately began napping - with his mandible relaxed, he soon began snoring quietly. Ewes with new lambs occupied the adjacent fields and some of them rushed towards me believing perhaps that I was the farmer bringing supplementary food pellets.
I walked for a couple of miles towards Buxton, passing a triangulation pillar numbered TP1406 before turning back following the little path all the way to Castle Naze - an Iron Age hill fort that now overlooks Combs Reservoir. There I found an ancient diagonal path that ran straight as an arrow down Short Edge. It must have been created by the ancients who made the hill fort or perhaps by stone quarrymen of previous centuries.
When Nurse Pudding came in the house she said, "Mmmm! Something smells nice!"
from Yorkshire Pudding https://ift.tt/3x0Ixfv
تعليقات
إرسال تعليق