A Kiss Is Just A Kiss



 Last night I got home just in time for The Big Gay Quiz. Our team won a respectable fourth place, which was fun. Afterwards I watched the lovely gay, Yorkshire Farmer film Gods Own Country which is a delight and incredibly moving.
It must rank as my favourite gay movie 
Anyhow....

There is a famous line in Gone With The Wind when Rhett Butler turns on the spoilt and game playing Scarlet O’Hara
“Open your eyes and look at me. No, I don't think I will kiss you, although you need kissing, badly. That's what's wrong with you. You should be kissed and often, and by someone who knows how."
 It’s a cracking quote and is one that got me thinking on my commute home yesterday.
Where did I have my first proper kiss? 
I’m discounting the time I was unexpected kissed by a policeman in full uniform when he came around to the psychiatric unit I was working in for a brew on night shift. 
I was more surprised than romantically aroused when that happened, so much so , I just stood there like a pudding and was still puckering with closed eyes long after he had exited the building...
Hey ho
Happy days
I think my first, properly romantic gay kiss was with the older brother of my first girlfriend .
I was 18. He was 26 
He was in the RAF ( hummm there is a uniform theme going on here) and I was a bank clerk and I ended up sharing his bedroom with him at my girlfriend’s house when he was home on leave.
I can’t remember the whys and wherefores 
But I do remember the kiss 
Chaste and gentle and of so pivotal in the life of gauche teen 
It would be several years later when the kiss’s ripple spread wide on my life’s pond
But it sowed the seed towards my coming out 




from Going Gently https://ift.tt/2Q2oxZz

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق