Old Enough.....Ugly Enough

I went to bed early last night. 
It was 8 pm....unheard of for me.
Subsequently I was wide awake before five, woken by Dorothy who had noticed one of my psoriasis covered kneecaps sticking out from under the duvet  and was busy plucking off the scabs with her teeth and tongue.
It wasn’t an unpleasant sensation, to be sure , so I sipped my coffee ( I leave a flask by my bed now for early morning get ups) and prepared myself for another day at work.
We all have our own sayings.
Many of them are inherited by parents or significant others or we just have them evolve through the general trails and tribulations of life.
One of mine is .....
I’m old enough and ugly enough to deal with it.....”
 This is all about not keeping your gob shut, whether it be in a conflict situation or just in everyday life.
I have an example
Last Monday I went to the garden centre in the village for bedding plants.
The lockdown rules had just been relaxed and the place was busy.
On one till, in front of me a middle aged woman was having an argument with the cashier. The wrong price had been accidentally left on a plant pot and the woman was insisting that she was only going to pay the price advertised on the pot  which was ludicrously cheaper than the right one . 
The cashier politely pointed out that all of the other similar pots had the correct pricing on them and only this one had been incorrectly labelled. She apologised for the mistake but the woman was not having any of it and became belligerent and rude in her manner.
The manager was called and she too was polite , only to be shot down moments later by a louder voice and harsher words and buoyed up by her own adrenalin she looked around the waiting queue for any sign of support.
No one caught her eye but me 
“ Oh pay the proper price you miserable cow” I said
It wasn’t the reply she was expecting.
I should have added something here, but I didn’t as to be the sub text is plain to see
“ If you don’t want my thoughts on the matter don’t ask for me to comment” 

And so it’s Easter Sunday. 
Easter has always been a non event for me. 
For me it was a bland day, filled with Jeffrey Hunter in King Of Kings, a half decent roast dinner and my ex husband going to church. Even as a child the day was marked with bad tv and too many Easter Eggs
So the prospect of working in the community and driving around the pretty places here such as Llanfairfechan can only be a bonus from the old norm. 

I will try to keep to the speed limit too, I suspect I was clocked in the hospice car doing 35 in a 30 mile an hour zone on Monday......another 3 points on my licence ! 
I’m not complaining by the way, just commenting

Hey ho

Happy Easter All








from Going Gently https://ift.tt/39GvxBG

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق