I’m not over fat just under tall


 
It’s funny...
But I do find the presence of stuffed toys in a totally adult household , just a bit creepy. 
I say this with the sudden realisation that I have three stuffed toys in the house. Colin The Chameleon, with his jaunty leg kicked sideways underneath the art wall; a cute duck billed platypus bought from Sydney Zoo is sat in my bedroom bookcase  and a now almost 40 year old Garfield sat benignly in my living room cupboard with a gentle smile upon his face.
I reassure myself that owing stuffed toys only really becomes creepy when they occupy your bed, you know the sort, sat unseeing , face forward between the pillows .....that’s when toys are creepy

Garfield was given to my by my twin sister when we were in our twenties.
I liked his slightly cynical view on life back then, and that’s a riot in itself. 
When most young people were saving the whale, joining Amnesty International ( which I later did lol)  and stretching their political wings against the poll tax or Thatcher’s policies 
What was I doing? 
I was watching movies and following the mantras of a ginger cartoon character
Go figure.

It’s a lovely day today and I am in my office sorting out what to do on my holiday next week.
Right on time Mrs Trellis totters past with Blue
She doesn’t see me up at my desk
I’ve already sorted a few meet ups with friends, lunch in Liverpool with Colin. More lunch with Cheryl from Ramsbottom ( a great sounding place) Outdoor dinner with Chic Eleanor and our friends in Conwy and a family get together this weekend if the weather holds and a socially distanced picnic with the hospice staff on Llandudno’s beautiful West Shore....
It’s a little too early for a Sheffield trip but that is on the cards alongside a London trip to see Nu....
I have missed her so over the past barren year. 

Mrs trellis 









from Going Gently https://ift.tt/32W88Zr

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق