Near Miss



 I got off shift early yesterday and took some time owing 
I rang the vets before I left work and organised they leave me some medicated shampoo for Mary .
The weather has been extraordinary wet of late and I drove up through unfamiliar roads to the country practice and hit a flooded piece of road along a deserted stretch .
Bluebell aquaplaned on the slick road and veered across the road with her backside into oncoming traffic and we slid for what seeming like an age before sliding the other way and eventually stopping on the drivers’ side verge with a loud bump.
I checked for damage and could only find a few strands of grass sandwiched into the bumper 

I was still shaking by the time I got home twenty five minutes later and I’d only just walked into the cottage when there was a knock at the door
It was my neighbour Mandy with cake wrapped in silver foil .
“Thought you could use some” 
She said 
And I said I really could 
I ate the cake with a coffee , in a silent cottage

We are all a fraction away from that accident which could change our lives forever I thought 
to myself  as I ate the cake whilst still in my coat.



from Going Gently https://ift.tt/2MGaS8o

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق