Mi Bon Siach

 If you have the chance watch the tv series Unorthodox 
It’s the story of Esty, a nineteen year old ultra Orthodox Jew living in Brooklyn and her struggle with coping with her secular life.
This moment stands out as one of the most powerful I have ever seen on film as Esty, ( Shira Haas) auditions for a place in a German Conservatory which is her final ticket to a more mainstream and happy life.
The power and desperation  in this performance , which incidentally is a traditional Jewish wedding song ( Mi Bon Siach which means The Love Of A Bride) is amazing 


I watched this final episode yesterday afternoon, as I lay in bed.
It was a piece of film making so powerful I had to get up and walk it’s effects away.
I’m not moaning here, life alone is what it is, but I so needed to talk about the scene and how it made me feel inside and I couldn’t ! 
So had to walk away my thoughts around the village , which was cold and wet , yet filled with cheerfulness and bright lights and after 20 minutes I felt less tense and more relaxed
Unorthodox is not an easy watch, but it is a powerfully emotive one with a magnificently performed lead role .


from Going Gently https://ift.tt/2WdexvS

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق