Just Before Dawn


The band Everything But The Girl captured that awful middle of the night feeling that Things are not well in their gentle song We Walk The Same Line
One verse of the song  resonates with that feeling so well

And I bet you could tell me 
How slowly four follows three
And you're most forlorn
Just before dawn

I have just had a text conversation with a friend who just so happened to be up and I told him that I feel as though everyone else has been invited to a party and I haven’t .
He blamed Facebook 
You never see the mundane on Facebook he said 
I think that’s all you see generally on Facebook .

It’s natural to think that everyone else is doing better than you are, after all, most of us have been conditioned to say that everything’s rosy even when times are shitty and difficult. 
Those that bemoan their lot, to many remain whingers, but modern day sensibilities have thankfully changed just a little so allow for mental illness and psychological pain issues to be seen in a more favourable light.

The truth still remains that everything seems that little bit worse .....just before dawn.....

My friend texted again to remind me my life is centred just about sleep and work and the dying ,just at the moment .....and  I know I’m catching up with him on Saturday in Liverpool for drinks and food and laughs

Balance ......it’s all about balance 
And not letting your imagination run away with itself 

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق