28

Sheffield  circa 1990 my sister is holding my cat Joan

I was 28 in this photo, it was sent to me this evening
Apparantly 28 is the age , almost everyone feels that they are no matter the actual truth
28 is an optimum year.....supposedly
I met my Samaritan friends this afternoon
We all sat on the beach with flasks of coffee and ice cream cones and we talked
Chic Eleanor was minus her signature pashmina which seemed odd.
We laughed and joked and talked about dating, and sex and life and work.
And we talked about being single
I was single for much of my twenties into my early thirties
Ten years alone all told apart from a lovely few years with jane
The photograph underlines many things but it certainly proved that
Singleton days forged  me friends for life

Joan died in Trelawnyd some 20 years later



ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق