R and G: an internal dialogue

 As my dogs are sacked out on couches with just some morning tunes on, I’m learning several things. I can’t force the process. Writing or otherwise. The words come at unexpected times. Sometimes its at 3 in the morning when sleep is a mirage. Or it is when I’m watching Netflix. Creativity is a not a process. A process that takes time. I’m not very patient. I know it. Known it for years. It’s where God and I come to a head most days. My internal dialogue with Him looks a lot like this:

R: Why again?

G: Child, this is your favorite question. 

R:  It is. You haven’t answered yet. 

G:  How many years have we had this chat?

R:  Too many

G:  You don’t trust me. It’s not a question. Your prayers are the same. 

R:  I’m just tired of waiting. 

G:  As long as I have you living, you have all the time in the world.

R:  I know, but…

G: But what?

R:  The world makes me feel like I’ve wasted time. Time I can’t get back. 

G:  Time is infinite for me. Nothing is ever wasted. Those years are preparing you for greatness. The world doesn’t determine your worth. I do. 

R:  I know. It’s hard. 

G:  You are in the world, but not of this world. I’ve been faithful. Now show me yours. 

R:  Okay


So folks, this journey is not easy, but I’m on it. 

Love yourself and one another. 

Regine



from R's rue https://ift.tt/f16c4lI

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق