Georgetown

 Heard the Dan and Shay song Bigger Houses this morning. It’s slowly becoming a favorite, if only to hear my favorite lyric.  Something to effect or learning that happiness isn’t always found in bigger houses. I used to believe the what if’s. If I wasn’t born with CP, life would be easier. Now, as I look on it, I’m not so sure. I wanted the fairytale that most girls dream of. Now I realize fairytales don’t exist in real life. We want them so bad we write books to give ourselves the illusion of what we want. 

I bought a shirt in the Georgetown, DC neighborhood that says not broken. It’s from Bitty and Beau’s. Please look them up. Being in there at first was uncomfortable. Just being honest. Then I realized these were my people. They loved working. They loved being helpful. They loved life. And frankly the twenty five dollars I spent that day, I more than got my return on investment. Literally and figuratively. I wear it whenever I have a bad day, or just need to smile. 

A physical and emotional memory I don’t want to forget. So when I want the finer things, I remember that day when a t-shirt and peppermint bar brought delight to a face that hadn’t seen in too long. Do I still have days where I wonder what could have been. You bet. Won’t lie. I’m just trying to have more days with genuine happiness and where there are no questions that need asking. 



from R's rue https://ift.tt/jXbeATc

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق