Singing

Picture of Margot to follow

As I have held my new granddaughter in my arms and gently rocked her, a new song has emerged from the depths of me - a song never sung before. 
Margot, Margot, Margot
The stars are all aglow
Let's play out in the snow
Margot, Margot, Margot 
Falling  all around
It doesn't make a sound
Pure white upon the ground Margot
Margot, Margot, Margot
The stars are all aglow
Let's play out in the snow
Until it's time to go...
It's a good thing to sing to babies and one should not be bashful about it in my opinion. Just look down upon them and in suitable moments  sing as sweetly as you can  in the full knowledge that it comforts them and assists the early development of their language skills.

As the weeks pass, new verses may appear to extend my "Song for Margot". Ideas have already  crossed my mind but I have not worked them up yet. There are many possibilities.

Margot herself is six weeks old now and a very calm and contented baby with bright blue eyes - just like her mother before her. Margot is beginning to smile and make some sense of the world around her. If she emits one of her piercing cries, it's just because she feels the gnawing of hunger in her belly and mummy's special sustenance service is required.


from Yorkshire Pudding https://ift.tt/in8KC4L

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق