Counterbalance

Yarnbombing on the pier at Saltburn, North Yorkshire
As we reach the very end of December, there are two aspects to this blogpost. Firstly Gaza and secondly some pictures that I have stored away in the bowels of this computer's memory. I have thousands of them.

Okay then - Gaza. I can't help pondering about what is happening over there. It breaks my heart to think of the 9,000 children who have already been killed and the 7,000 women and the thousands of innocent law-abiding men. The present total of fatalities is 21,423. It's as if the vengeance of The Israeli Defence Force has already achieved a payback of twenty Gazan lives for one Israeli life - following the brutal Hamas terrorist attack upon innocent Israeli citizens on October 7th. I wonder - how many more innocent Palestinians must die before this awfulness ends? Surely twenty for one is more than enough.

What is happening is not a "war". It is an act of unbridled revenge. The victims are trapped within their compound unable to escape by land or sea. Some other commenters simply call it genocide. And of course the conflict is very uneven. Israeli weaponry is sophisticated, costly, lethal and seemingly inexhaustible. It makes me wonder who is supplying the armaments and where are they made? The suppliers of the military hardware themselves have serious questions to address about what is happening. There can be no more claims of "surgical" strikes when you see the devastation that has been caused.

So yes - I'm sorry. I know that was heavy stuff and my words won't change a thing but I'm glad to get some of it off my chest. And now to the photos.

As I say, I have got thousands of them. Digital photographs are easily stored. You don't need shoe boxes or biscuit tins. This afternoon I was seeking a particular photo that I took in 2017 and in that process I looked at dozens of old pictures that I had not returned to since I first filed them away. It was like looking at someone else's images.  And I have picked five of my 2017 photos to share with you this evening. Arguably, a nice to counterbalance to the painful subject of Gaza...

The Wash - east coast of England
Lanzarote, Canary Islands
The Solway Firth at Southerness
Rural bus shelter by the A170 in Galloway


from Yorkshire Pudding https://ift.tt/PYtF5VN

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق