Drifter

Shirley joined me on  the scaffolding this evening but you might say she cheated because she clambered out of the front bedroom window instead of climbing up the ladder like a professional.

We were both anxious about the return of the scaffolders. They dropped the scaffolding down last Friday so it's possible they could return tomorrow (Friday) to disassemble and take it all away. I don't wish to pay any more than I already am doing.

 Herself had volunteered to clean  all the windows - six in total. She did a good job of them and I was pleased to get the help. In the meantime, I was still dabbing away at the tiny crevices and holes in the pebble-dash texture of the rendering - still trying to achieve the best coverage possible.

We finished off as darkness began to descend around ten o'clock. It's only a month till the longest day of the year here in the northern hemisphere when the sun will hover over The Tropic of Cancer before migrating to The Equator as it has done each year since this planet was formed 4.5 billion years ago. 

In terms of weather, I have had a fantastic week for painting our house. There hasn't been a spot of rain and most days have been warm and sunny. To tell you the truth, I have enjoyed it. Patiently dabbing away, sometimes lying on my back or belly. Listening to birds and watching the world passing by in our street. It reminded me of that old song made famous by by The Drifters - "Up On The Roof"...


I feel I have achieved something, something that is visible and real and to tell you the truth, I am quite proud of myself. I had hoped to take photos to share with you and I will do if the scaffolders don't arrive tomorrow morning.

It was nice to have a break at teatime today. We drifted down to Frances and Stew's house for our evening meal and of course Little Phoebe was there at the head of the table. Her vocabulary and expression grow with each passing day and she remains a source of tremendous joy. She knows she has a baby brother or sister on the way.


from Yorkshire Pudding https://ift.tt/raMKFYZ

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق