Albert’s Gone

 He was it of sorts yesterday afternoon and took himself upstairs to lie on my bed with a swishing of his tail. He ate only one small meal first thing and his gait was hesitant when he went to sit in the window seat as I made the bed.
His head was hunched and his tail remained thrashing.
He then pawed the soft cushion underneath him like a kitten pawing for milk.
This was not like him.

When I came up to bed last night, he wasn’t there , nor was he in the spare room .
I searched the cottage and I couldn’t find him.
The churned up snow on the patio had already frozen so there were no paw prints to see and there is no sign of him this morning. 
He’s not at the neighbours, the garden or the sheds and I’m somewhat worried given his hatred of the cold and snow.
He’s an old boy with only a broken leg in his long life that ever needed treatment and he hates the vets so much.
I’m working the late shift today 


from Going Gently https://ift.tt/ST9tgwr

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق