Sheep

Over at the "Geograph" photo-mapping project to which I have submitted 17,142 images, many of the tracking possibilities of computers have been fully exploited to benefit members. For example, through the clicking of a couple of keyboard buttons I can see that I have captured 218 images of farmhouses, 1092 pictures of churches and 2455 photographs of paths.

However, today I am going to focus on sheep. The algorithms tell me that I have banked 371 pictures of sheep in various locations and weather conditions. Sheep on snowy fields, sheep in flocks, sheep grazing, sheep running, sheep alone, wooden sheep, stone sheep and cute baby sheep (i.e. lambs). I tried to find out the term for a lover of sheep and the best I can come up with is an "ovinophile" but I am not 100% certain that such a term has been approved by those who guard the gates of the English language.

Though I confess to being an ovinophile, my relationship with the woolly quadrupeds is entirely platonic and any smutty counter-suggestions will be ruthlessly squashed by my legal team!

I give you the heads of seven sheep from my collection...

And finally, my favourite sheep picture of the lot - taken at the roadside near Stanage Edge in June 2016. This sheep seems so haughty or perhaps it is simply very chilled out...


from Yorkshire Pudding https://ift.tt/dBHqmPf

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق