Fernilee

Above Fernilee Reservoir
Since the snow fell early last Sunday morning, it has been bitterly cold up here in the north of England so any frost and snow has kept hanging about like an awkward guest at a Christmas party.

Today's forecast promised bright winter sunshine so I planned another long walk over the hills, just south of Whaley Bridge in the valley of The River Goyt. There there are two reservoirs that serve the town of Stockport (pop. 294,000) One was completed in 1938 and the other in 1967.  I wasn't so much walking in a circle as in a sausage shape.

Fernilee
It was about nine miles in total and I was dressed fashionably for the occasion. This time - as well as my red thermal hat, fingerless gloves and Hull City manager's coat - I was also wearing my lined walking trousers. A stylish combo I'm sure you will agree.

Errwood
There was a lot of frost and light snow around so I am proud to report that I did not fall over once. As I plodded along the east side of Fernilee Reservoir, I stopped at a memorial bench to eat my cheese and pickle sandwich with a well-earned beaker of hot coffee.

I walked for almost four hours today and was back home for three thirty. Another grand day out. I hope you like the pictures.

The church at Taxal
Five bar gate in the frosty Goyt Valley


from Yorkshire Pudding https://ift.tt/FJYdpai

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق