Fairy Lights


My New York snow globe on the mantle

 I sort of don’t know my arse from my elbow.
I worked a long day Thursday , then covered a night for a colleague last night and am back doing overtime tomorrow on a long day. 
This afternoon and evening I’m arranging fairy lights and eating comfort food.
And that’s it.

An articulate and rather passionate lady was collecting for the local food bank at Tesco’s  and an impromptu speech to shoppers had me moved to tears.
So much so I left her with some selection boxes and tins of dog food. 
She was aided by a rather charming looking Father Christmas with a big black beard 
I could have have sat on his knee quite happily and shared my Christmas list 

I’ve bought a cheap new phone too and a new unchewable cover , and apart from a brief conversation; with Mrs Trellis this morning , I’ve not seen anyone non work in days . 
Mrs Trellis had brought me a homemade Christmas card made from cotton wool and twigs 
It amuses me that she has signed all correspondence, for a few years now  with the one word monika ….. Trellis 

 


from Going Gently https://ift.tt/SN0945A

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق