Comparison

Sometimes you just know when you have taken a special photograph. That is how I felt yesterday morning as I  walked away from New Mills. There was thin ice on the surface of The Peak Forest Canal and stoves aboard any occupied narrow boats were pumping out steam.

A young woman with a dog checked me out before proceeding along the tow path. After all, all men are potential assailants even when it is three degrees below zero and the sixty nine year old man in question is dressed like an Arctic explorer. I was following her and I could see how her breath was turning to steamy condensation just like the smoke from the boat chimneys.

It was all looking pretty dramatic. I was aware of the dog and the different positions it was taking up.

Perhaps I should have taken multiple pictures in those ten seconds but I didn't - I just took two. I shared one of them with you yesterday. We will call that Picture A. It pleased me greatly that Steve, Dave and Carol were amongst the visitors who complimented  me on that image. It was confirmatory.

I will call the other image Picture B. And here they are next to each other. There are subtle differences. In a moment an image can look so different even though the composition is more or less the same. Is there anything you can say about the two pictures and how you respond differently to them?

Picture A

Picture B



from Yorkshire Pudding https://ift.tt/YpyHPcn

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق