Objects Of My Affection

 


The Anonymous Arsehole Commentator will be shaking themselves into a apoplectic fit of the vapours with today’s post for sure as I’m talking money. 
Ok I’ve got a few theatre trips booked, ok I’m off to London with my nephew, but like everyone else in the country, I have and increased amount in bills per month now so have a need to save a bit of money where I can.



I’m going to have clear out.
Only yesterday I looked at a wood cut print of two geese, I have hanging on my stairs .
I looked at it as if I had never seen it before.
It’s pretty enough, I thought, but over twenty years it has been ignored and not enjoyed and so I moved it where I could see it more clearly.
This one thought and action has prompted me to sell some of the unseen, unwanted and not needed items I have around the house. 
I feel a car boot on the way
With a few smaller items earmarked for eBay 

Within three minutes I had the starters collected
A bespoke early Victorian corner cupboard from a Northumbrian farmhouse.( above)
A broken Art Deco mantle clock
Some silver pieces, tarnished and isolated on a bookshelf 
A pretty Staffordshire sheep
A tea caddy without its liner
Old dvds and books , flamingo containers, bits of treen, plant pots , an Art Deco bedside cabinet, 
Oh and some antique Italian marble fruit bought from an antique shop ran by my sister’s mother in law in the 1980s.




I must admit that a proud little Staffordshire Greyhound who was sat unloved in the duck egg blue bookcase I fell in love with all over again and I moved him to a new spot in the limelight in my bathroom but the cull will be extensive yet compassionate me thinks 
Sentiment is a big emotion with me and the pieces that I love will be kept and dusted and looked at with affection. 


I will leave you with this video. 
An audience made into a choir
Rather stunning
I have sung in a choir that seemingly out of nowhere made something equally as emotional and as beautiful as that video and it’s a magical place to be 






from Going Gently https://ift.tt/EHh7v9y

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق