The Storm of 2017

 


This is my favourite photograph taken by the boffin Cameron .
It’s a real stunner
It is of my Soay Ewe Irene during the harsh snowy winter five years ago.
She was hardly bothered by the weather.
Irene was a particularly difficult Ewe. After her mother Sylvia died ( and yes I did name both sheep after the flower show matriarchs ) Irene spent most of her days in the livery stables fields, shunning any attempt to be caught and moved, and there she lived with the horses until her peaceful death today 
Her face lying straight on the grass facing the ponies in the top field 

Don’t anyone say they are sorry. She wasn’t my ewe for nearly a decade, so I had no real investment in her care.
But I kind of respected her chutzpah at choosing where she was going to live.
Thank you to Rachel who runs the livery for allowing her to stay for so many years 


from Going Gently https://ift.tt/vlypk6c

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق