Promotion

It was my 69th birthday last weekend. On Saturday, Shirley and I drove out to "The Fox House" for brunch. Then in the afternoon we attended the wedding party of two old friends of ours - Ian and Linda. They had been engaged for over twenty years but finally they decided they had had enough of living in sin. It was a lovely occasion in the function room above our local pub. Shirley and I left around seven o'clock. The best part was where Linda's grown up children said that Ian had been the only real father they had ever known.

Sunday after Sunday I prepare roast dinners at home but last Sunday we went out to The Dore Moor Inn to celebrate my birthday. The meal was  delightful and Little Phoebe was a very good girl - especially when you consider that we were in there foe two hours and fifteen minutes. When the time came to pay the bill, I realised straight afterwards that we had been undercharged so I went back inside and told our waitress that our bottle of wine had been left off the bill. After a bit of humming and ahhing she decided it would be too much bother to amend things and so we could have the wine on the house! I certainly wasn't complaining about that.

I received a few welcome gifts including two T-shirts which have not yet been ironed so I'm sorry about the creases. Apparently, they are from a new line of apparel designed to promote this humble Yorkshire blog. They are available via Amazon.uk and elsewhere if you would like to hunt around. What could be better than strolling down the street wearing a stylish Yorkshire Pudding T-shirt?


from Yorkshire Pudding https://ift.tt/hXQd820

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق