Operation Dog Snot Removal

 

Typical of most families, mine tends to meet around the matriarch’s home for family meals , birthdays and Christmas . 
It’s what people do.
We congregate around the queen, sometimes the King.
For a change I’m having my sisters, their husbands and my sister in law to dinner on Saturday .My nephew is invited too but he has a social life busier than mine so we will see if he turns up
After covid and my divorce , it will be the first family meal that I’ve hosted 
So there’s a significance here that’s left mostly unsaid , but which screams of emotional importance.

I’m making it easy on myself and going simple 
Aioli and warm Spanish style bread, 
A one pot chicken, rice and chorizo bake, baby lamb chops, soaked in garlic yogurt before cooking , 
Glazed long green beans and “homemade” Spanish ice cream whisky cake
A typical Sitges meal.
Tomorrow I’m initiating Operation Dog Snot Removal like the exercise I used to indulge in , in the days I had in laws to stay.




from Going Gently https://ift.tt/32YGgIK

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق