Funeral

 

I think broadcaster Huw Edwards explained the pomp and traditions around a State Funeral to me better than anyone else has.
He said a few days ago that a State Funeral is designed to be SEEN .
That resonated with me 
It makes sense.
The lying in state, the Grandchildren’s vigil and the Queue ( which was a phenomenon all of its own)  all had a theatrical, visual and ceremonial power of their own and in the case of the “ the queue” allowed the public to give a nod or a curtsy with their own faces joined in the spotlight.



I’m watching the tv now and will add to today’s blog as the morning progresses. 

Justin Trediau has just arrived who , apart from King Felipe of Spain, must be one of the most attractive world leaders.


The gun carriage has just left WestMinster hall amid a blast of bagpipers 
The hair on my neck , stands up.










from Going Gently https://ift.tt/3B5Sisv

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق