Ladies View



I’m glad I made the effort to go to Nu’s party
I’m glad for so many reasons .
Of course seeing her, Jim and her family and friends, many who I consider as my friends for years , was the driving force for the trip 
But I also really wanted to push myself out of my ever comfortable comfort zone by driving the length and breadth of Ireland on my own .
To some , this may not sound too stressful.
A little arduous, perhaps but not stressful, 
But I must admit, for me it was! 

I’m always envious of friends such as Rachel (https://racheldubois.blogspot.com/) who seem happy and comfortable travelling all over the world by themselves. 
I’ve never done it, so I felt I needed to push myself with a series of firsts
Taking my Car on a ferry for the first time and navigating a new country was two firsts 
Ok it was Ireland 
But this morning I was the only car driving down the magnificent Ring of Kerry from the awesome Moll’s Gap
I was the only person at Ladies view , watching deer cross the road in front of me
And it was a first  for me to pass the glorious St Mary’s cathedral Killarney where I stopped for a full Irish breakfast at a delightful cafe, where the owner gave me a sandwich , for nothing “ to eat on my way” as she said it’s a far drive for you ! 

But now that I’m home, somewhat tired I must say I feel just a little proud that I’ve finally done it.


from Going Gently https://ift.tt/Zprai6Y

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق