I’ll Leave The Landing Light On…..

 
Someone I know, has had cancer recently diagnosed.
A mutual friend told me. 
It wasn’t a secret. 
I messaged them and simply said I had met my friend, nothing more
and the link was made
The ball was in their court and we messaged briefly about it
“ I’m here” I said
I know you are” came the reply. 

Sometimes too many words can be said at times like these. 
A Card, a cooked meal, the offer of a silent walk, a theatre ticket 
Can support someone who is hurting just as well.
The offer of taking Mary for a cuddle 
A book of poems with a bright orange cover, 
A crisp 10 dollar bill with the  instructions of buying an ice cream.

I remember bedtime as a seven year old 
Who was always frightened of the dark. 
A simple action,
A single promise always made things better

I’ll leave the landing light on “ 


from Going Gently https://ift.tt/bPyL0r1

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق