Trains and Mistakes

 

Breakfast table 
Bucket of coffee time. 
I’ve just read my sister’s Facebook entry for today. 
She’s posted the itinerary I put into her Birthday Card and said she was was looking forward to the break
That pleased me no end.
We leave for London this afternoon, a day earlier than planned .
I can thank he RMT strike for the extra day
Fingers crossed the journey in uneventful .

Another coffee…I have time

Just recently I have been thinking of how to deal with someone who sporadically but ,consistently seems to enjoy pointing out my mistakes. 
At first I thought it was me being over sensitive as I’m fully aware of the legacy being a child of critical parents can leave with a person,  but after some feedback from others I realised that this friend, through whatever reason does feed on the mistakes others make too, and is in fact well known for the behaviour
I’ve ignored the comments until recently, but during a conversation they inappropriately reminded me of something I did wrong from over a year ago now!, and did so with a chuckle. 
I stopped my inner child from reacting.
It’s easy to bark back at a snappy dog and with a presence of mind , on reflection I was pleased with
I said simply and quietly “ That comment hurt my feelings “ 
I said nothing else and rode out the short embarrassed silence that followed by thinning my lips and raising my eyebrows in a kind of There Ive said it expression before leaving the situation unrushed.

All of us are often very adapt at saying nothing in situations like these, and I include myself very much in this statement as I can often pick up someone else’s criticism and negativity and carry it around like a badge.
This time I didn’t, and I am glad I didn’t even though it’s easier to say nothing and curl your toes in irritation.





from Going Gently https://ift.tt/U1eQvK7

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق