Photographs

Halkidiki, Greece July 2012
We used to store photographs in tin boxes or photo albums which were then hidden away in cupboards or attics. Then digital cameras came along and everything changed. Now we store our pictures in computer folders or on memory sticks or CD's.

Yorkshire Wolds July 2012
I guess that some people who are good at neat organisation by nature have their digital photos stored in a logical, easily accessible manner but with other folk it will be very chaotic with photos all over the place. I guess that I am somewhere between these two extremes. 

The French Pyrenees above Ax-les-Thermes July 2012
Since I bought my first digital camera around Christmastime 2004, I have taken thousands of photographs. Looking back, I should have been more ruthless - deleting weaker pictures, saving only the best and most meaningful. But I didn't - I kept most of them like a virtual hoarder.
Hope Cross, Derbyshire July 2012
One wonders how one might feel if one's hard drive imploded or even exploded causing the loss of thousands of pictures. Fortunately, I would still be able to find many of my pictures in this blog or on the Geograph photo-mapping site so not all would be lost. However, I really should get round to backing them up on the external hard drive my daughter bought for me the Christmas before last. I can be such a procrastinator.
"The Riverside" pub, Sheffield - July 2012
For the purposes of this blogpost, I decided to go back ten years to July 2012 and to pick out a small bunch of photographs I took that month. Picked from my computer photo library, dusted off and shared with you.
Sunflowers near Coussa, L'Ariege, France - July 2012


from Yorkshire Pudding https://ift.tt/xnXPlDN

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق