Crossing the Bar


I had bought my friend Ruth a ticket to her favourite chorale group The Spooky Men for her birthday . With her all communed up in Scotland I was in two minds driving a hour West to see them last night, but having managed to get a work friend Steve to take the spare ticket I went. 
It was a great concert, set in the historic Capel Jerusalem in Bethesda. 
Funny, innovative, odd and at times incredibly moving , The Spooky Men , perform their own songs about such varied subjects of sad audience members, eyebrows, Men’s Groups and politics ( Vote The Bastards Out being a highlight) 
But they peppered the humour with some truly beautiful singing , with a couple of Ukrainian folk songs and the sublime Crossing The Bar being true standouts.
I could hear several of our choir members singing in the audience as like me, they went to support Conductor Jamie ( sans his RAF moustache ) who is a guest choir member on The Spooky men’s Uk tour.

Jamie is on the far left
Ps . Remember that I’m taking Janet my sister to London for her birthday treat? 
Well the RMT has decided to strike that day ! 
Heyho



from Going Gently https://ift.tt/c3WiKZd

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق