Vestiges

Almost the longest day. I have just walked home from "The Hammer and Pincers" after the Sunday night quiz. It was all downhill and the sky contained vestiges of the day just gone with remnants of sunset peach coloured and fuzzy in the west. There will be so little truly dark night tonight - perhaps three hours at most. In Iceland there will be no darkness at all.

I love this time of year.

It was Father's Day today. We went out for breakfast with Stew and Frances and Little Phoebe. Her behaviour was as angelic as it was five hours later when we took her down to "The Dark Horse" where fathers could claim free pints.

Back home I received two Father's Day cards, six bottles of beer, a box of Maltesers and a Peppa Pig book titled "My Grandpa" which I read to Phoebe three times. For once Mistress Pudding made the Sunday dinner as I took a back seat.

I thought some more about our visit to Wiltshire . The White Horse of Westbury carved into a chalky down, the amazing craft shop in Devizes where the owner knew every item she was selling and our twelve hours in lovely Marlborough before heading home.

The White Horse of Westbury

Buttons in the craft shop in Devizes - "Make Do and Mend"

My shadow on Marlborough Common


from Yorkshire Pudding https://ift.tt/RJjlpY3

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق