Sunday 5 am



 I know it’s very early. 
Somewhere just past 5 am
I’m way past sleep and am breathless 
Since covid I’ve not been able to breathe through my nose much.

I get up and make coffee
The pleasure of the smell of percolating coffee still gone. 
And I sit in the living room in silence with only the sound of the wind for company. 
And look around at things 

The knot of houseplants in the window. 
A sketch of an Italian Villa on the wall. 
Coats hanging by the stairs.
Thumb sticks in the umbrella stand.
Stuff.

Barefoot I walk out into the garden, my head bowing under the fragrant free honeysuckle
The wind is loud but I can still hear the bickering crows around the pond to the East
The Wisteria around the gate arch is doing well but won’t bloom for a couple more years yet.
I wonder what those few years will bring
It’s been a long lonely week 

Albert appears 
Looking surprised as always. 
He’s annoyed by something and swishes his tale
I drink my tasteless coffee
And shiver.

Sunday morning.
And no plan for the day.
As yet

Kitchen table, stronger coffee.
The covid swab today is negative
Fucking finally…….




from Going Gently https://ift.tt/8G2rC1P

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق