Haunted

My routine is piss boring . 
In bed by eleven. Walking dogs around 7 am and sleep in until well after 11 am
Half the day gone in sleep.
My covid swab remains positive.

Let’s change the subject.



There is an image that seems to be living rent free in my head today. 
It is the haunted and frightened face of Kelly Holmes as she discussed coming out as gay woman on the tv programme This Morning. 
I didn’t watch the interview , nor did I need to Holmes’ motivation in choosing the medium she did, but I was struck by the fear in her face. 
Pure, unadulterated fear.
No one should experience such terrible emotion 
No one. 
And to sit alone on that studio couch seemed so wrong to me.

There’s nothing more flitting around in my head today. I haven’t the concentration for a book.
I’ve cleaned out the kitchen flotsam drawer and watered the planters 
The colours in the garden borders look cheerful 






from Going Gently https://ift.tt/xqcij5Z

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق