Silence


 The CBM sings loudly and badly. 
It’s fun to listen to , but what with the banging and hammering in the claustrophobia of a 17th Century cottage it feels amplified and overwhelming.
My morning dog walk wasn’t restful as Dorothy was in one of her yappy moods and fearing more tree felling activities when I returned to the village , I dropped the girls off at Trendy Carol’s and took myself off for a quiet coffee.
Y Shed was packed with walkers with their dogs when I got there and there was a loud snarling fight between a poodle and a sheepdog just as I raised my americano to my lips.

I took myself off to my sister Ann’s house and let myself in.
It’s a large family house, full of antiques and paintings and memories 
And it was silent , save for a ticking clock and the odd creak Edwardian houses always seem to encourage when floorboards contract during the heat of the day.

No chainsaws.
No bulldog snores
No singing of power ballads 
No coffee chatter
Nothing.

The shower was hot and the sheets crisp 
And the silence of the old house was the best time I’ve had all week


from Going Gently https://ift.tt/eL7S3mv

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق