First Kiss


Kitchen table
Coffee.
The bantam cockerel is noisy next door which is strange as it’s 10.30.
I’m planning my cooking for the weekend as I’m working both days
Katsu curry, sushi and mushroom noodles.
Tonight I’m out to dinner for a colleagues leaving do .
The 1970s Italian in Conwy, Alfredo’s 

More coffee, me thinks, then I need to post some birthday cards.
Amongst others it’s Nu’s birthday tomorrow.

My nephew texted me yesterday
The message was simple and to the point.
Julie and I had our first kiss today” 
I was touched he had shared the milestone with me and managed a exuberant reply of “ OMG !”
“ Yep “ came the economical and proud response.
I told him to keep on practicing if he liked it 
And he sent me lots of laughing emojis 
😆🤣

Now my first kiss with a girl was a somewhat overblown and unpleasant affair, Her name was Eirian  and the kiss was wet and sloppy and passionless. She had a bosom that acted as though it had a brain of its own and I felt somewhat hemmed in by it and Eirian’s lips as I lay prostrate on her parents couch.
I was sixteen and disappointed 

I was 18 when I was kissed by a man. 
It felt like a one off as it was by the brother of my then girlfriend and although it felt right in so many ways, it totally felt wrong in others. 

It was six years later when I was more grown up when I had my second , proper snog with a man.

Now this too was a strange affair which happened after midnight in the back entrance doorway of Bootham Park Hospital’s psychiatric wing.
He was a policeman with a thick black beard who had stopped for a cuppa at our mother and baby unit
I was showing him out when he unexpectedly pushed me against the door and kissed me.
If there was more to the moment, like the build up of flirting or any furtive blushing , I can’t recall it. 
I always remember him as being tall and cheerful, and full of manly smiles.
I wonder now if he was just a security guard. 

But his kiss was a million miles away from the ones I had experienced before.
And one or two since.


from Going Gently https://ift.tt/hjk1Til

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق