Burghwallis

Good Friday. Good Friday was , well, good. The sun shone and Clint (shown above) transported me to a Yorkshire village I had never previously visited - Burghwallis. I had already worked out another long walking route.

Before parking in Burghwallis, I made a detour to a larger village called Campsall in order to see a Grade I listed church dedicated to St Mary Magdalene. Unfortunately, there was a Good Friday service in progress so I didn't get to look round the interior. However I snapped this picture of the magnificent west door which dates back to the twelfth century.:-
Also in Campsall, this street sign caught my eye. It says "No Road" but it was a road with several houses on each side. Strange:-
On my circular walk from Burghwallis, I noticed this very strange hut in the village of Sutton. It was beneath some electricity lines and connected with the old Yorkshire Electricity Board. It is too narrow to be a lavatorial facility. I have never seen such a hut before:-
At All Saints Church, Owston, I noticed these tenacious daisies appearing from a crack in the stone path:-
When I returned to Burghwallis after three hours of steady plodding, I intended co take a couple of pictures of the village church - dedicated to  St Helen. However, clouds were thwarting my plan at that point so I sat on an old  platform grave and drank some water from my flask as well as chomping a juicy red apple. Patience often has its rewards and after five minutes the lovely old church with its ancient construction history was duly illuminated to my satisfaction:-


from Yorkshire Pudding https://ift.tt/aumCpWZ

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق