Birdsong

 I went on a dawn walk this morning. 
A first for me.
I saw it advertised in Holywell when I popped into Tesco
“ Dawn Walk With A Twitcher - birdsong explained”
The meeting place was in Caerwys before 5 am 
I was the last to arrive.
There was ten of us, all told, led by a quietly spoken man in his sixties called Eifion.
We were led down a bridle path by torch light and from time we’d stop to have a brief lecture 
It was an interesting and somewhat cold early morning
But an invigorating one
The robins and blackbirds and the more rare thrush, were the first on the performance with other birds such as wrens, wood pigeons  and warblers joining in.
The likes of the tits and the finches usually only start to sing when dawn has broken.
Apparently it is usually the male birds that call and at times the sound was amazingly loud

One woman in the group had a good cry at the experience and kept apologising for it.
I liked the feeling of being anonymous in the pre dawn gloom
And felt a little exposed when the day finally  lifted the dark to a translucent blue.

I’m off to meet a friend for lunch shortly.
They are going into hospital soon and are in need of a bit of calm
It’s sunny but still cool and I can see Islwyn pottering around the pony field fixing the gates
He’s like me. 
He likes to be needed.


from Going Gently https://ift.tt/HU8Azk7

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق