Weak sun


The sun is weak today and the village feels cold. 
Everything feels a bit cold today.
Chic Eleanor messaged, asking me to the cinema tonight. 
I’ve refused as I don’t really feel up to it tonight. 


Yesterday I worked alongside a Finnish Doctor in dealing with a family who are hurting badly.
I took the lead in the interaction, which felt the right thing to do and in our debrief the doctor thanked me.
She told me how well the session was handled and the validation buoyed me up during a challenging day.
Before the interview I took my mask off, which surprised her too.
I weighed up the need to communicate well in that particular session with any other “risks”

Communication with others, especially written communication, is effectively masked sometimes. Meanings and intentions can be misconstrued or lost or inferred especially on blogs, in emails and in messages and texts.
And I don’t need or want to react to that, certainly on days like today when the sun shines weakly and there’s a coolness to the air.

I love my job, I love my “little” world but I am aware that sometimes I’m running on a tank two thirds empty. That doesn’t mean the challenges of work shouldn’t be there……of course they should 
But today, at home, instead of the good book , I want to start reading, or that film I would like to watch or that friend I could laugh and talk with…or indeed that kitchen floor I could mop at or those beautiful cyclamens that need potting out ….

…….all I want to do is to have my hair stroked gently as I lie on the trendy blue couch 
Listening to the crackles of the fire and the moan of the wind.

 



from Going Gently https://ift.tt/1A6pUXW

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق