Salad Day Thirties and an Airbnb Disaster



 Lol, well everything went tits up at the Airbnb 
I thought things may not be as stable as they could be after the owner refused to dog sit Dorothy after finding out out that her “aura”  was apparently “fraught” with anxiety. ( I had provisionally booked the service prior to coming over to Sheffield)
Dorothy was happily oblivious to this assessment but the apparently experienced dog sitter owner 
Said it was something she couldn’t possibly cope with! 
I let it go and rearranged by arrangements and those of my friends.
This morning I walked into the cottage kitchen wearing only boxer shorts only to see the next door neighbour looking through the kitchen door apparently checking up on me.
It was the same neighbour who contacted the Airbnb owner last night to say incorrectly that the dogs had been left in the kitchen, stressed,  all afternoon and into early evening when they had been left  after a six mile country hike,  sleeping together. between 3 and 6 pm only and then walked by myself and my friend Mike soon after. 
The cottage owner texted me her concerns and I told her that her neighbour was incorrect and misinformed .
She immediately apologised but the texts and invasion of privacy had upset my evening somewhat
This morning I felt under constant observation 
And so I loaded Bluebell and drove home with Dorothy quiet and sleeping in her crate which I covered in a throw like a parrot slumbering in a cage. 

I had a lovely break wed and Thursday and the girls were well behaved in their new surroundings  but I only saw half the people I originally planned to see. 
Which was a shame.


The four friends I did catch up I’ve known for over 33 years 
We are greyer ( except in Mike’s case) , we are older, slightly wrinkled, fatter, wiser, more sanguine perhaps. We have all been put through the wringer, at times, with losses and life brickbats ….but we hugged each other, just as we’ve always did, with love and gusto and with the warmth we’ve always had when we were in our salad day thirties.



from Going Gently https://ift.tt/43xSvjX

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق